Friday, April 26, 2013

Poetry is Floetry?

Poetry is always something I enjoyed reading. Poetry has distinctive style and rhythm, it can express a spectrum of emotions which the reader can relate to. Its has it defined beauty that is capturing to ones ears. Def Jams Poetry, a television show produced by Russell Simmons, was of great interest to me,  poets would recite their piece of writing. Some poems consisted of love, violence, and political issues but all appeared to be very stimulating to the mind. Seeing the poet gestures, and hearing the poet tone of voice always emphasized the importance of the message they were conveying.

1 comment:

  1. I did not know that there was a show called Def Jams Poetry I might have to check it out. Maybe after watching I would have a better appreciation of poetry. Not saying that I don't like poetry, but I like seeing a poet recite a poem rather than read it myself.

    ReplyDelete